Direct Web Remoting (DWR) include/exclude security bypass
|dwr-include-exclude-security-bypass (31377)||Medium Risk|
Direct Web Remoting (DWR) could allow a remote attacker to bypass security restrictions, caused by improper handling of the include/exclude checks. By sending a specially-crafted request to DWR, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to bypass security restrictions and gain unauthorized access to public methods.
Upgrade to the latest version of Direct Web Remoting (1.1.4 or later), available from the Getahead Web site. See References.
- Getahead Web site: Changelog - Getahead.
- BID-21955: Direct Web Rendering Multiple Remote Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2007-0184: Getahead Direct Web Remoting (DWR) before 1.1.4 allows attackers to obtain unauthorized access to public methods via a crafted request that bypasses the include/exclude checks.
- OSVDB ID: 32657: Direct Web Remoting (DWR) Crafted Request include/exclude Check Bypass
- SA23641: Direct Web Rendering Security Bypass and Denial of Service
- SUSE-SR:2009:004: SUSE Security Summary Report
- VUPEN/ADV-2007-0095: Direct Web Remoting Creators Check Bypass and Remote Denial of Service Vulnerabilities
- TIBCO Direct Web Remoting (DWR) prior to 1.1.4
Jan 09, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.