@lex Guestbook livre_include.php file include
|@lexguestbook-livreinclude-file-include (31397)||Medium Risk|
@lex Guestbook could allow a remote attacker to include arbitrary files. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request to the livre_include.php script using the lang parameter to specify a malicious file from the local system, which could allow the attacker to obtain sensitive information or execute arbitrary code on the vulnerable Web server.
Note: In order to exploit this vulnerability to execute arbitrary code, the attacker would first be required to upload a malicious file or inject arbitrary commands into an existing file.
No remedy available as of July 1, 2014.
- @lex Guestbook Web site: @lex Guestbook- Free PHP Giestbook.
- AcidRoot Exploits Web site: @lex Guestbook <= 4.0.2 Remote Command Execution Exploit.
- BID-21926: @lex Guestbook Multiple Input Validation Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2007-0205: Directory traversal vulnerability in admin/skins.php for @lex Guestbook 4.0.2 and earlier allows remote attackers to create files in arbitrary directories via .. sequences in the (1) aj_skin and (2) skin_edit parameters. NOTE: this can be leveraged for file inclusion by creating a skin file in the lang directory, then referencing that file via the lang parameter to index.php, which passes a sanity check in livre_include.php.
- OSVDB ID: 31708: @lex Guestbook admin/skins.php Arbitrary Directory Access
- OSVDB ID: 31709: @lex Guestbook index.php lang Variable Traversal Arbitrary File Execution
- @lexPHPteam @lex Guestbook 4.0.2 and prior
Jan 07, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.