EIQ Network Security Analyzer DataCollection denial of service
|eiq-datacollector-dos (31428)||Medium Risk|
EIQ Networks Network Security Analyzer is vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by a null pointer dereference in the DataCollection service. A remote attacker could send specially-crafted data to cause the DataCollection service to crash.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- eiQ Web site: Network Security Security Event Management Solution.
- Full-Disclosure Mailing List, Wed Jan 10 2007 - 16:12:44 CST: EIQ Networks Network Security Analyzer DoS Vulnerability.
- BID-21994: EIQ Networks Security Analyzer Null Pointer Dereference Client Denial of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-0228: The DataCollector service in EIQ Networks Network Security Analyzer allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (service crash) via a (1) &CONNECTSERVER& (2) &ADDENTRY& (3) &FIN& (4) &START& (5) &LOGPATH& (6) &FWADELTA& (7) &FWALOG& (8) &SETSYNCHRONOUS& (9) &SETPRGFILE&, or (10) &SETREPLYPORT& string to TCP port 10618, which triggers a NULL pointer dereference.
- OSVDB ID: 32725: eIQnetworks Network Security Analyzer DataCollector Remote DoS
- SA23693: eIQnetworks Network Security Analyzer DataCollector Denial of Service
- eIQnetworks EIQ Network Security Analyzer
Jan 10, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.