sNews image file upload
|snews-image-file-upload (31535)||Medium Risk|
sNews could allow a remote attacker with admin privileges to upload arbitrary files. An attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request to upload arbitrary image files, which could allow the attacker to execute arbitrary PHP code on the vulnerable Web server.
Upgrade to the latest version of sNews (1.5.31 or later), available from the sNews Web page. See References.
- sNews Web page: sNews - Solucija.
- BID-22025: sNews SNews.PHP Authentication Bypass Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-0261: snews.php in sNews 1.5.30 and earlier does not properly exit when authentication fails, which allows remote attackers to perform unauthorized administrative actions, as demonstrated by changing an administrative password via the changeup task, and by uploading PHP code via the imagefile parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 32817: sNews snews.php Authentication Bypass
- SA23746: sNews Authentication Bypass Vulnerability
- Solucija sNews 1.5.30
Jan 12, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this