PentaZip choShilA.bpl denial of service
|pentazip-choshila-dos (31583)||Medium Risk|
PentaZip is vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by a vulnerability in choShilA.bpl. By persuading a victim to open a specially-crafted file containing an overly long file name, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to crash the system, resulting in a denial of service.
Denial of Service
Upgrade to the latest version of PentaZip (220.127.116.11 or later), available from the PentaWare Web site. See References.
- PentaWare Web site: PentaWare Products.
- BID-22104: PentaWare PentaZip Multiple Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2006-5964: choShilA.bpl in PentaZip 18.104.22.168 and PentaSuite-PRO 22.214.171.124 allows local users, and user-assisted remote attackers to cause a denial of service (system crash) by right clicking on a file with a long filename.
- OSVDB ID: 32865: PentaZip choShilA.bpl Archive Filename Handling Overflow DoS
- SA21458: PentaZip Archive Handling Vulnerabilities
- VUPEN/ADV-2007-0235: PentaZip Multiple Archive Handling Buffer Overflow and Directory Traversal Vulnerabilities
- PentaWare PentaSuite-PRO 126.96.36.199 & prior
- PentaWare PentaZip 188.8.131.52 & prior
Jan 18, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.