Rumpus FTP service and HTTP service buffer overflow
|rumpus-ftp-http-bo (31594)||High Risk|
Rumpus is vulnerable to multiple heap-based buffer overflows, caused by improper bounds checking by the FTP service and the HTTP service. By sending an overly long LIST command or other unspecified requests, a remote authenticated attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system or cause the server to crash.
Upgrade to the latest version of Rumpus FTP (5.1.1 or later), available from the Maxus Web site. See References.
- Maxum Web site: Rumpus.
- MOAB-18-01-2007: Rumpus Multiple Vulnerabilities.
- BID-22126: Rumpus FTP Server Multiple Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2007-0019: Multiple heap-based buffer overflows in rumpusd in Rumpus 5.1 and earlier (1) allow remote authenticated users to execute arbitrary code via a long LIST command and other unspecified requests to the FTP service, and (2) allow remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via unspecified requests to the HTTP service.
- OSVDB ID: 32689: Rumpus FTP Service LIST Command Overflow
- OSVDB ID: 32692: Rumpus HTTP Service Unspecified Overflow
- SA23842: Rumpus Multiple Vulnerabilities
- Apple Mac OS X 10.3.9
- Maxum Rumpus FTP Server 5.1 and prior
Jan 18, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.