wzdftpd FTP command denial of service
|wzdftpd-ftp-dos (31599)||Medium Risk|
wzdftpd is vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by a vulnerability in the FTP server. By sending a specially-crafted FTP command to the server, a remote attacker could cause a denial of service.
Denial of Service
Upgrade to the latest version of wzdftpd (0.8.1 or later), available from the wzdftpd Web site. See References.
- Full-Disclosure Mailing List, Fri Jan 19 2007 - 05:54:07 CST: WzdFTPD < 8.1 Denial of service.
- wzdftpd Web site: WZDftpD: a new multi -platform ftpd.
- BID-22131: WZDFTPD FTP Command Remote Denial of Service Vulnerability
- BID-22152: Wzdftpd Multiple Unspecified Remote Denial of Service Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2007-0428: Unspecified vulnerability in the chtbl_lookup function in hash.c for WzdFTPD 8.0 and earlier allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service via a crafted FTP command, probably due to a NULL pointer dereference.
- OSVDB ID: 32941: wzdftpd chtbl_lookup Function Data Handling DoS
- SA23852: wzdftpd Data Handling Denial of Service Vulnerability
- SECTRACK ID: 1017537: wzdftpd Unspecified Bug Lets Remote Users Cause Denial of Service Conditions
- wzdftpd wzdftpd 0.8.0 & prior
Jan 19, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.