PHPBP banner module file upload
|phpbp-banner-file-upload (31619)||Medium Risk|
PHPBP could allow a remote attacker with admin privileges to upload arbitrary files. An attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request to the index.php script using the banner module to upload arbitrary image files, which could allow the attacker to execute arbitrary PHP code on the vulnerable Web server.
No remedy available as of July 1, 2014.
- PHPBP Web site: PHP BP - polski, darmowy system portalowy cms.
- CVE-2007-0370: Unrestricted file upload vulnerability in index.php in phpBP RC3 (2.204) and earlier allows remote administrators to inject arbitrary PHP code into an upload/banners/ file via a banners add operation that uploads the PHP code through an image_form parameter specifying a multiple-extension filename such as .jpg.vil.gif.php, which is stored in upload/banners/ under a different name, and executable via a direct request. NOTE: a separate SQL injection issue could be leveraged to make this vulnerability reachable by remote unauthenticated attackers.
- OSVDB ID: 34762: phpBP index.php Multiple Extension Unrestricted File Upload
- PHPBP PHPBP 2.204 RC3 & prior
Jan 18, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.