WebChat defines.php file include
|webchat-definesphp-file-include (31624)||Medium Risk|
WebChat could allow a remote attacker to include arbitrary files. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request to the defines.php script using the WEBCHATPATH parameter to specify a malicious file from a remote system, which could allow the attacker to execute arbitrary code on the vulnerable Web server.
Upgrade to the latest version of WebChat (0.78 or later), available from the Webdev Web site. See References.
- Webdev Web site: Download Webchat.
- Webdev Web site: Webdev: Quality Web Programming and Design - PHP products: webchat phpx.
- BID-22153: WebChat Defines.PHP Remote File Include Vulnerability
- BID-7000: Webchat Defines.PHP Remote File Include Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-0485: PHP remote file inclusion vulnerability in defines.php in WebChat 0.77 allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary PHP code via a URL in the WEBCHATPATH parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 36689: WebChat defines.php WEBCHATPATH Parameter Remote File Inclusion
- SA8206: WebChat Arbitrary File Inclusion Vulnerability
- SECTRACK ID: 1006193: WebChat Include File Bug in `defines.php` Lets Remote Users Execute Arbitrary Commands
- web/dev WebChat 0.77
Jan 21, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.