212cafe Guestbook show.php cross-site scripting
|guestbook-show-xss (31663)||Medium Risk|
212cafe Guestbook is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the show.php script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the user parameter in a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- 212cafe Guestbook Web site: 212Cafe.com free webboard guestbook poll script php develop forum.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Sat Jan 20 2007 - 19:16:01 CST : XSS in Guestbook ( v.4.00 beta ).
- BID-22173: 212Cafe Guestbook Show.PHP Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-0542: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in show.php in 212cafe Guestbook 4.00 beta allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the user parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 33570: 212cafe Guestbook show.php user Parameter XSS
- The 212cafe.com Team 212cafe Guestbook 4.00 beta
Jan 20, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.