IntraWeb Component of AToZed Software denial of service
|intraweb-component-dos (31685)||Medium Risk|
IntraWeb Component of AToZed Software is vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by an infinite loop condition in the webapplication. By sending a specially-crafted HTTP request to the webapplication, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to consume all available CPU resources, resulting in a denial of service.
Denial of Service
Apply patch or upgrade to the latest version of IntraWeb (9.0 build 9.0.12), as soon as it becomes available from the Atozed Software Web site. See References.
- Atozed Software Web site: IntraWeb DOS Hotfix available (Update).
- BugTraq Mailing List, Tue Jan 23 2007 - 08:49:59 CST : AToZed Software Intraweb Component for Borland Delphi and Kylix DoS vulnerability.
- BID-22185: Atozed Software Intraweb Component HTTP Request Handling Remote Denial of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-0533: The AToZed IntraWeb component 8.0 and earlier for Borland Delphi and Kylix, and IntraWeb 9.0 before build (9.0.12), allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (thread hang or CPU consumption) via a crafted HTTP request, related to the OnBeforeDispatch function in the TIWServerController object.
- OSVDB ID: 32973: Atozed IntraWeb TIWServerController Object Crafted HTTP Request DoS
- SA23902: Atozed IntraWeb HTTP Request Handling Denial of Service
- AToZed Software IntraWeb Component 8.0 and prior
Jan 23, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.