High 5 Review Script search module cross-site scripting
|high5review-search-xss (31797)||Medium Risk|
High 5 Review Script is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the search module. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the q parameter in a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Upgrade to the latest version of High 5, available to registered users from the designmind Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Thu Jan 25 2007 - 14:56:02 CST : high5 Review script Security Risk.
- designmind Web site: High 5 Review software support.
- High 5 Web site: High 5 Review Script.
- BID-22242: High5 Review Script Search Field HTML Injection Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-0595: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in search in High 5 Review Site allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the q parameter (aka the search box).
- OSVDB ID: 32974: High5 Review Script Search Box q Parameter XSS
- SA23905: High5 Review Script "q" Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- Designmind.co.uk High 5 Review Script
Jan 25, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.