Apple Mac OS X CFNetwork framework denial of service
|macos-cfnetwork-dos (31837)||Medium Risk|
Apple Mac OS X is vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by a null pointer dereference in the CFNetwork's CFNetConnectionWillEnqueueRequests() function. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted response to cause a denial of service, if the attacker could persuade the victim to connect to a malicious server.
Denial of Service
Apply Apple Security Update 2007-008 or upgrade to the latest version of Mac OS X (10.4.11 or later), available from the Apple Web site. See References.
- Apple Web site: About the security content of Mac OS X 10.4.11 and Security Update 2007-008.
- MOAB-25-01-2007: Apple CFNetwork HTTP Response Denial of Service.
- BID-22249: Apple CFNetwork HTTP NULL Pointer Dereference Denial of Service Vulnerability
- BID-26444: Apple Mac OS X v10.4.11 2007-008 Multiple Security Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2007-0464: The _CFNetConnectionWillEnqueueRequests function in CFNetwork 129.19 on Apple Mac OS X 10.4 through 10.4.10 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (application crash) via a crafted HTTP 301 response, which results in a NULL pointer dereference.
- OSVDB ID: 32704: Apple Mac OS X CFNetwork _CFNetConnectionWillEnqueueRequests Function DoS
- SA27643: Apple Mac OS X Security Update Fixes Multiple Vulnerabilities
- VUPEN/ADV-2007-3868: Apple Mac OS X Command Execution and Denial of Service Vulnerabilities
- Apple CFNetwork 129.19
Jan 25, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.