xNews xnews.php and class.news.php SQL injection
|xnews-xnews-sql-injection (31855)||Medium Risk|
xNews is vulnerable to SQL injection. A remote attacker could send specially-crafted SQL statements to the xnews.php script using the id parameter or to the class.news.php script using the id, from, or q parameter, which could allow the attacker to obtain admin access and view, add, modify or delete information in the back-end database.
No remedy available as of July 1, 2014.
- x-dev Web site: x-dev :: next generation internet :: index.
- BID-22284: X-DEV xNews xNews.php SQL Injection Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-0569: SQL injection vulnerability in xNews.php in xNews 1.3 allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary SQL commands via the id parameter in a shownews action.
- CVE-2007-0630: Multiple SQL injection vulnerabilities in the generate_csv function in classes/class.news.php in X-dev xNews 1.3 and earlier allow remote attackers to execute arbitrary SQL commands via the (1) id, (2) from, and (3) q parameters, different vectors than CVE-2007-0569. NOTE: The provenance of this information is unknown; the details are obtained solely from third party information.
- OSVDB ID: 32999: xNews xNews.php id Parameter SQL Injection
- OSVDB ID: 33000: xNews classes/class.news.php Multiple Parameter SQL Injection
- SA23954: xNews "id" SQL Injection Vulnerability
- VUPEN/ADV-2007-0395: X-dev xNews generate_csv() Multiple Parameter Handling SQL Injection Vulnerabilities
- x-dev xNews 1.3
Jan 28, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.