xt-stats xt_counter.php file include
|xtstats-xtcounter-file-include (31871)||Medium Risk|
xt-stats could allow a remote attacker to include arbitrary files. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request to the xt_counter.php script using the server_base_dir parameter to specify a malicious file from a remote system, which could allow the attacker to execute arbitrary code on the vulnerable Web server.
Upgrade to the latest version of xt-stats (2.5.0 or later), available from the xt-stats Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Sat Jan 27 2007 - 07:31:27 CST: Xt-Stats v.2.4.0.b3 - Remote File Include Vulnerabilities.
- xt-scripts Web site: xt-stats.
- xt-stats Web site: xt-stats.
- BID-22276: XT-Stats XT_Counter.PHP Remote File Include Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-0576: PHP remote file inclusion vulnerability in xt_counter.php in Xt-Stats 2.3.x up to 2.4.0.b3 allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary PHP code via a URL in the server_base_dir parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 32980: Xt-Stats xt_counter.php server_base_dir Parameter Remote File Inclusion
- SA23967: xt-stats "server_base_dir" File Inclusion Vulnerability
- xt-scripts xt-stats 2.4.0.b3 and prior
Jan 27, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.