Webfwlog debug.php file include
|webfwlog-debug-file-include (31881)||Medium Risk|
Webfwlog could allow a remote attacker to include arbitrary files. If register globals is enabled, a remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request to the debug.php script using the conffile parameter to specify a malicious file from a remote system, which could allow the attacker to execute arbitrary code on the vulnerable Web server.
Upgrade to the latest version of Webfwlog (0.93 or later), available from the Webfwlog Web site. See References.
- Webfwlog Web site: Webfwlog Firewall Log Analyzer.
- BID-22291: WebFWLog Debug.PHP Information Disclosure Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-0585: include/debug.php in Webfwlog 0.92 and earlier, when register_globals is enabled, allows remote attackers to obtain source code of files via the conffile parameter. NOTE: some of these details are obtained from third party information. It is likely that this issue can be exploited to conduct directory traversal attacks.
- OSVDB ID: 33015: Webfwlog include/debug.php conffile Variable Traversal Arbitrary File Source Disclosure
- SA23968: Webfwlog "conffile" Directory Traversal Vulnerability
- FreeBSD FreeBSD
- NetBSD NetBSD
- OpenBSD OpenBSD
- Webfwlog Webfwlog 0.91
- Webfwlog Webfwlog 0.92
Jan 29, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.