GuppY error.php code execution
|guppy-error-code-execution (31882)||High Risk|
GuppY could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary commands on the system caused by improper validation of input by the error.php script. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted request using the REMOTE_ADDR and msg[x] variables to execute arbitrary PHP code on the system with the privileges of the Web server.
Upgrade to the latest version of GuppY (4.6.5 or later), available from the GuppY Web site. See References.
- GuppY Web site: GuppY - Download.
- GuppY Web site: GuppY.
- CVE-2007-0639: Multiple static code injection vulnerabilities in error.php in GuppY 4.5.16 and earlier allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary PHP code into a .inc file in the data/ directory via (1) a REMOTE_ADDR cookie or (2) a cookie specifying an element of the msg array with an error number in the first dimension and 0 in the second dimension, as demonstrated by msg.
- OSVDB ID: 33016: GuppY error.php REMOTE_ADDR Cookie Value Arbitrary Code Execution
- SA23914: GuppY "error.php" Cookie Remote Code Execution
- SECTRACK ID: 1017569: GuppY Error Handling Bug Lets Remote Users Execute Arbitrary Code
- FreeGuppy GuppY 4.5.16 and prior
Jan 29, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.