Microsoft Windows Mobile Internet Explorer unspecified denial of service
|ie-mobile-unspecified-dos (32001)||Medium Risk|
Microsoft Windows Mobile Internet Explorer is vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by an unspecified stack-based buffer overflow. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to cause a victim's browser to crash, if the attacker could persuade the victim to visit a specially-crafted Web page.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- Microsoft Windows Mobile Web site: Microsoft Windows Mobile - Smartphone and Pocket PC Software with ActiveSync.
- TrendLabs Anti-Malware Blog, January 30th, 2007: Trend Micro Finds More Windows Mobile Flaws.
- BID-22343: Microsoft Windows Mobile Multiple Remote Denial of Service Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2007-0685: Internet Explorer on Windows Mobile 5.0 and Windows Mobile 2003 and 2003SE for Smartphones and PocketPC allows attackers to cause a denial of service (application crash and device instability) via unspecified vectors, possibly related to a buffer overflow.
- OSVDB ID: 32629: Microsoft IE on Windows Mobile Malformed WML Page Unspecified DoS
- OSVDB ID: 36149: Microsoft IE on Windows Mobile Unspecified Overflow DoS
- Microsoft Internet Explorer Mobile
- Microsoft Windows Mobile 2003
- Microsoft Windows Mobile 2003 SE
- Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0
Jan 30, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.