Coppermine Photo Gallery admin.php command execution
|coppermine-admin-command-execution (32236)||High Risk|
Coppermine Photo Gallery could allow a remote attacker with administrative privileges to execute arbitrary commands on the system, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the admin.php script. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability to inject and execute arbitrary shell commands on the system using a semi-colon character (;) in the "Command line options for ImageMagick" form field.
No remedy available as of December 1, 2013.
- SourceForge.net: Coppermine Photo Gallery.
- BID-22406: Coppermine Photo Gallery Admin.PHP Shell Command Execution Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-0835: admin.php in Coppermine Photo Gallery 1.4.10, and possibly earlier, allows remote authenticated users to execute arbitrary shell commands via shell metacharacters (; semicolon) in the Command line options for ImageMagick form field, when used as an option to ImageMagick's convert command. NOTE: The provenance of this information is unknown; the details are obtained solely from third party information.
- OSVDB ID: 33093: Coppermine Photo Gallery admin.php ImageMagick CLI Arbitrary Command Execution
- SA24019: Coppermine Photo Gallery File Inclusion and Command Execution
- Gregory Demar Coppermine Photo Gallery 1.4.10
Feb 05, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.