avast! Server Edition password security bypass
|avast-password-security-bypass (32269)||Medium Risk|
avast! Server Edition could allow a local attacker to bypass security caused by improper validation of changes to the configuration settings. A local attacker could modify certain settings without being prompted to enter a password even if the password is set.
Upgrade to the latest version of avast! Server Edition (4.7.726 or later), available from the ALWIL Software Web site. See References.
- ALWIL Software Web site: avast! 4 Server Edition - antivirus for Windows 2000/2003.
- ALWIL Software Web site: avast! Server Edition Revision history.
- BID-22425: Avast! Antivirus Server Edition Password Setting Security Bypass Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-0829: avast! Server Edition before 4.7.726 does not demand a password in a certain intended context, even when a password has been set, which allows local users to bypass authentication requirements.
- OSVDB ID: 33114: avast! Server Edition Unspecified Context Password Bypass
- SA24068: avast! Server Edition Password Setting Security Issue
- VUPEN/ADV-2007-0499: avast! Server Edition Password Validation Local Security Bypass Weakness
- Alwil avast! Server Edition prior to 4.7.726
Feb 05, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.