SysCP cronscript.php code execution
|syscp-cronscript-code-execution (32330)||High Risk|
SysCP could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code caused by improper validation of files by the scripts/cronscript.php script. A remote attacker with access to the database could insert arbitrary PHP files into the panel_cronscript table of the database which would be executed by the cron script with root privileges.
Upgrade to the latest version of SysCP (1.2.16 or later), available from the SysCP Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Wed Feb 07 2007 - 15:09:01 CST : Ability to inject and execute any code as root in SysCP.
- SysCP Web site: About SysCP - SysCP Server Management.
- BID-22454: SYSCP System Control Panel Panel_CronScript Table Local File Include Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-0850: scripts/cronscript.php in SysCP 1.2.15 and earlier includes and executes arbitrary PHP scripts that are referenced by the panel_cronscript table in the SysCP database, which allows attackers with database write privileges to execute arbitrary code by constructing a PHP file and adding its filename to this table.
- OSVDB ID: 33127: SysCP scripts/cronscript.php Crafted File Creation Arbitrary Command Execution
- SA24102: SysCP Execution of Arbitrary Commands
- Florian Lippert SysCP 1.2.3 - 1.2.15
Feb 07, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.