IP3 NetAccess getfile.cgi directory traversal
|ip3netaccess-getfile-directory-traversal (32432)||Medium Risk|
IP3 NetAccess could allow a remote attacker to traverse directories on the system. An attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request to the getfile.cgi script containing "dot dot" sequences (/../) in the filename parameter to view arbitrary files on the system.
Upgrade to the latest version of IP3 NetAccess (22.214.171.124 or later), available from the IP3 Web site. See References.
- Full-Disclosure Mailing List, Sun Feb 11 2007 - 15:41:15 CST: Arbitrary file disclosure vulnerability in IP3 NetAccess < 126.96.36.199.
- IP3 Web site: IP3 NetAccess.
- BID-22513: IP3 NetAccess Directory Traversal Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-0883: Directory traversal vulnerability in portalgroups/portalgroups/getfile.cgi in IP3 NetAccess before firmware 188.8.131.52 allows remote attackers to read arbitrary files via a .. (dot dot) in the filename parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 31912: IP3 Networks NetAccess getfile.cgi filename Traversal Arbitrary File Access
- SA24118: IP3 NetAccess "getfile.cgi" Directory Traversal Vulnerability
- SECTRACK ID: 1017623: IP3 NetAccess Missing Input Validation in `getfile.cgi` Lets Remote Users Traverse the Directory
- IP3 Networks IP3 NetAccess prior to 184.108.40.206
Feb 11, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.