eXtreme File Hosting compressed file upload
|extremefilehosting-compressed-file-upload (32435)||Medium Risk|
eXtreme File Hosting could allow a remote attacker to upload arbitrary files caused by improper validation of compressed PHP files. A remote attacker could upload a specially-crafted compressed PHP file, which would allow the attacker to execute arbitrary PHP code with the privileges of the vulnerable Web server.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Fri Feb 09 2007 - 03:08:23 CST : eXtreme File Hosting remote file upload vulnerability.
- eXtreme File Hosting Web site: eXtremePow - The best PHP upload script for file, video, mp3 and photo..
- BID-22498: eXtreme File Hosting Arbitrary RAR File Upload Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-0871: Unrestricted file upload vulnerability in eXtremePow eXtreme File Hosting allows remote attackers to upload arbitrary PHP code via a filename with a double extension such as (1) .rar.php or (2) .zip.php.
- OSVDB ID: 33181: eXtreme File Hosting Double Extension Unrestricted File Upload
- SA24088: eXtreme File Hosting File Upload Vulnerability
- eXtremepow eXtreme File Hosting
Feb 09, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.