Cisco PIX and Cisco ASA SIP denial of service
|cisco-pix-asa-sip-dos (32487)||Medium Risk|
Cisco PIX and Cisco ASA devices are vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by an error in SIP parsing. If SIP fixup or inspect is enabled, a remote attacker could send specially-crafted SIP packets to cause the device to reboot.
Denial of Service
Refer to cisco-sa-20070214-pix for patch, upgrade, or suggested workaround information. See References.
- cisco-sa-20070214-pix: Cisco Security Advisory: Multiple Vulnerabilities in Cisco PIX and ASA Appliances.
- BID-22561: Cisco Multiple Products Multiple Remote Denial Of Service Vulnerabilities
- BID-22562: Cisco PIX/ASA Privilege Escalation Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-0961: Cisco PIX 500 and ASA 5500 Series Security Appliances 6.x before 6.3(5.115), 7.0 before 7.0(5.2), and 7.1 before 7.1(2.5), and the FWSM 3.x before 3.1(3.24), when the inspect sip option is enabled, allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (device reboot) via malformed SIP packets.
- OSVDB ID: 33054: Cisco PIX / ASA inspect sip Malformed SIP Packet DoS
- SA24160: Cisco PIX and ASA Privilege Escalation and Denial of Service
- SA24179: Cisco PIX SIP Inspection Denial of Service
- SA24180: Cisco Firewall Services Module SIP DoS and ACL Corruption
- SECTRACK ID: 1017651: Cisco ASA Lets Remote Users Deny Service and Remote Authenticated Users Gain Elevated Privileges
- SECTRACK ID: 1017652: Cisco PIX Firewall Lets Remote Users Deny Service and Remote Authenticated Users Gain Elevated Privileges
- US-CERT VU#430969: Cisco Firewall Services Module vulnerable to DoS via inspection of malformed SIP messages
- Cisco ASA 5500 6.3
- Cisco ASA 5500 7.0
- Cisco ASA 5500 7.1
- Cisco ASA 5500 7.2
- Cisco PIX 500 6.3
- Cisco PIX 500 7.0
- Cisco PIX 500 7.1
- Cisco PIX 500 7.2
Feb 14, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.