WebTester directions.php SQL injection
|webtester-directions-sql-injection (32490)||Medium Risk|
WebTester is vulnerable to SQL injection. A remote attacker could send specially-crafted SQL statements to the directions.php script using the testID parameter, which could allow the attacker to view, add, modify or delete information in the back-end database.
Upgrade to the latest version of WebTester, available to registered users from the WebTester Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Wed Feb 14 2007 - 09:01:19 CST : WebTester 5.0.2 sql injection and XSS vulnerabilities.
- WebTester Web site: WebTester - build online tests and quizzes with ease.
- BID-22559: WebTester Multiple Input Validation Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2007-0970: Multiple SQL injection vulnerabilities in WebTester 5.0.20060927 and earlier allow remote attackers to execute arbitrary SQL commands via the testID parameter to directions.php, and unspecified parameters to other files that accept GET or POST input.
- OSVDB ID: 33203: WebTester directions.php typeID Parameter SQL Injection
- OSVDB ID: 33204: WebTester Unspecified GET/POST SQL Injection
- SA24157: WebTester "typeID" SQL Injection Vulnerability
- WebTester WebTester 5.0.20060927 & prior
Feb 14, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.