Image Pager module for Drupal IMG tag cross-site scripting
|imagepager-img-xss (32539)||Medium Risk|
The Image Pager module for Drupal is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by unspecified forms. An authenticated remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using an IMG HTML tag to inject malicious script into a Web page which would be executed in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the page is viewed. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Refer to DRUPAL-SA-2007-008 for patch, upgrade, or suggested workaround information. See References.
- DRUPAL-SA-2007-008 : Image pager - Cross site scripting.
- BID-22586: Drupal Image Pager Module Image Tag HTML Injection Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-1028: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in the Barry Jaspan Image Pager 4.7.x-1.x-dev and 5.x-1.x-dev before 2007-02-08 module for Drupal allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via unspecified vectors related to HTML entities and the IMG element.
- OSVDB ID: 35151: Barry Jaspan Image Pager Module for Drupal Unspecified XSS
- Drupal Image Pager module for Drupal prior to 4.7.x-1.0
- Drupal Image Pager module for Drupal prior to 5.x-1.0
Feb 15, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.