getID3 library demonstration code execution
|getid3-demonstration-code-execution (32542)||High Risk|
The getID3 library included with Audio and Media Field modules for Drupal could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code caused by improper validation of input in demonstration scripts. A remote attacker could use demonstration scripts included with the library to view or delete arbitrary files, or write arbitrary data to MP3 files or other empty files with the privileges of the account executing the scripts.
Refer to DRUPAL-SA-2007-009, for upgrade information. See References.
- DRUPAL-SA-2007-009: getID3 library and Audio, Mediafield - arbitrary code execution.
- Media Field Web page: Media Field.
- SourceFroge.net: getID3().
- BID-22587: Drupal Audio And MediaField Modules GetID3 Remote Command Execution Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-1035: Unspecified vulnerability in certain demonstration scripts in getID3 1.7.1, as used in the Mediafield and Audio modules for Drupal, allows remote attackers to read and delete arbitrary files, list arbitrary directories, and write to empty files or .mp3 files via unknown vectors.
- OSVDB ID: 35161: getID3 Mediafield / Audio Module for Drupal Multiple Unspecified Scripts Remote File Manipulation
- Drupal Audio for Drupal 4.7.x-1.x-dev
- Drupal Audio for Drupal 5.x-0.2
- Drupal Audio for Drupal 5.x-0.x-dev
- Drupal Media Field for Drupal 4.7.x - 1.x-dev
- Drupal Media Field for Drupal 5.x - 1.x-dev
- getID3 getID3 1.7.1
Feb 16, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.