Xpression News archives.php and news.php directory traversal
|xnews-archives-news-directory-traversal (32560)||Medium Risk|
Xpression News could allow a remote attacker to traverse directories on the system. An attacker could send a specially-crafted request to the archives.php and news.php script containing "dot dot" sequences (/../) in the xnews_template parameter to view arbitrary files on the system and obtain sensitive information.
Apply the patch for this vulnerability (archives.php), available from the Xpression News Web site. See References.
- Xpression News Web site: Xpression News Patch.
- Xpression News Web site: Xpression News.
- BID-22609: Xpression News Xnews-Template Multiple Directory Traversal Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2007-1040: Directory traversal vulnerability in archives.php in Xpression News (X-News) 1.0.1 allows remote attackers to include arbitrary files or obtain sensitive information via a .. (dot dot) in the xnews-template parameter.
- CVE-2007-1042: Directory traversal vulnerability in news.php in Xpression News (X-News) 1.0.1, when magic_quotes_gpc is disabled, allows remote attackers to include arbitrary files or obtain sensitive information via a .. (dot dot) in the xnews-template parameter. NOTE: the provenance of this information is unknown; the details are obtained solely from third party information.
- OSVDB ID: 33225: Xpression News archives.php xnews-template Parameter Traversal Arbitrary File Access
- OSVDB ID: 33226: Xpression News news.php xnews-template Parameter Traversal Arbitrary File Access
- SA24177: Xpression News "xnews-template" Directory Traversal
- Hogsmeade-Village.com Xpression News 1.0.1
Feb 18, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this