Grabit NZB file denial of service
|grabit-nzb-dos (32579)||Medium Risk|
Grabit is vulnerable to a denial of service. By sending a specially-crafted NZB file containing semicolon characters in the subject field, a remote attacker could cause the application to crash, if the attacker could persuade the victim to open the malicious NZB file.
Denial of Service
Upgrade to the latest version of Grabit (1.6.2 or later), available from the Grabit Web site. See References.
- Grabit Web site: Shemes.com :: Home.
- BID-22619: Grabit Field Handling Denial of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-1038: Shemes.com Grabit 1.5.3, and possibly earlier, allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (application crash) via a .nzb file with a subject field containing ';' (semicolon) characters. NOTE: the provenance of this information is unknown; the details are obtained solely from third party information.
- OSVDB ID: 38906: Grabit Crafted NZB File Subject Field Remote Application Crash DoS
- Shemes Grabit prior to 1.6.2
Feb 20, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this