Trend Micro ServerProtect StCommon.dll buffer overflow
|serverprotect-stcommon-bo (32601)||High Risk|
Trend Micro ServerProtect is vulnerable to a multiple stack-based buffer overflows, caused by improper bounds checking by the CMON_NetTestConnection(), CMON_ActiveUpdate(), and CMON_ActiveRollback() functions in the StCommon.dll library. By sending a specially-crafted TCP request containing malicious subcode values, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system with SYSTEM privileges.
Refer to Trend Micro Solution ID: 1034290 for patch, upgrade, or suggested workaround information. See References.
- Trend Micro Solution ID: 1034290 : [Vulnerability Response] Buffer overflow in ServerProtect .
- TSRT-07-01: Trend Micro ServerProtect StCommon.dll Stack Overflow Vulnerabilities .
- BID-22639: Trend Micro ServerProtect SPNTSVC.EXE Multiple Stack Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2007-1070: Multiple stack-based buffer overflows in Trend Micro ServerProtect for Windows and EMC 5.58, and for Network Appliance Filer 5.61 and 5.62, allow remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via crafted RPC requests to TmRpcSrv.dll that trigger overflows when calling the (1) CMON_NetTestConnection, (2) CMON_ActiveUpdate, and (3) CMON_ActiveRollback functions in (a) StCommon.dll, and (4) ENG_SetRealTimeScanConfigInfo and (5) ENG_SendEMail functions in (b) eng50.dll.
- OSVDB ID: 33042: Trend Micro ServerProtect TmRpcSrv.dll RPC Request Multiple Overflows
- SA24243: Trend Micro ServerProtect Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities
- SECTRACK ID: 1017676: Trend Micro ServerProtect Stack Overflow in CMON_NetTestConnection() Lets Remote Users Execute Arbitrary Code
- US-CERT VU#349393: Trend Micro ServerProtect ENG_SendEMail() stack buffer overflow
- US-CERT VU#466609: Trend Micro ServerProtect STCommon stack buffer overflow
- US-CERT VU#630025: Trend Micro ServerProtect fails ENG_SetRealTimeScanConfigInfo() stack buffer overflow
- US-CERT VU#730433: Trend Micro ServerProtect CMON_NetTestConnection() stack buffer overflow
- VUPEN/ADV-2007-0670: Trend Micro ServerProtect StCommon.dll and eng50.dll Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities
- Trend Micro ServerProtect for EMC 5.58
- Trend Micro ServerProtect for Windows 5.58
- Trend Micro ServerProtect Net App Filer 5.61
- Trend Micro ServerProtect Net App Filer 5.62
Feb 20, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.