Simple one-file gallery gallery.php file include
|sofg-gallery-file-include (32654)||Medium Risk|
Simple one-file gallery could allow a remote attacker to include arbitrary files. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request to the gallery.php script using the f parameter to specify a malicious file from the local system, which could allow the attacker to obtain sensitive information or execute arbitrary code on the vulnerable Web server.
Note: In order to exploit this vulnerability to execute arbitrary code, the attacker would first be required to upload a malicious file or inject arbitrary commands into an existing file.
No remedy available as of June 1, 2013.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Fri Feb 23 2007 - 15:35:31 CST : Simple one-file gallery.
- Simple one-file gallery Web site: XeroXer.com - The web is my pocket.
- BID-22700: Simple One-File Gallery Multiple Input Validation Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2007-1124: Directory traversal vulnerability in gallery.php in XeroXer Simple one-file gallery allows remote attackers to read arbitrary files via a .. (dot dot) in the f parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 33760: Simple one-file gallery gallery.php f Parameter Traversal Arbitrary File Access
- XeroXer Simple one-file gallery
Feb 23, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.