TeeChart Pro ActiveX control file upload
|teechart-activex-file-upload (32694)||Medium Risk|
The TeeChart ActiveX control could allow a remote attacker to upload arbitrary files caused by improper validation of the Import.LoadFromURL and Export.asText.SaveToFile methods. An attacker could create a specially-crafted Web page to upload a malicious .TEE file, which could allow the attacker to execute arbitrary code on the vulnerable system, if the attacker could persuade the victim to view the malicious Web page.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- TeeChart Pro ActiveX control: STEEMA SOFTWARE S.L..
- BID-22689: TeeChart Pro ActiveX Control Multiple Insecure Methods Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2007-1120: The (1) Import.LoadFromURL and (2) Export.asText.SaveToFile functions in TeeChart Pro ActiveX control (TeeChart7.ocx) allow remote attackers to download a crafted .tee file to an arbitrary location. NOTE: the provenance of this information is unknown; the details are obtained solely from third party information.
- OSVDB ID: 33534: TeeChart Pro ActiveX Control (TeeChart7.ocx) Multiple Function Crafted File Download
- SA24263: TeeChart Pro ActiveX Control Insecure Methods
- steema software TeeChart Pro ActiveX control 18.104.22.168
Feb 23, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.