Dropbear SSH client hostkey mismatch weak security
|dropbear-hostkey-weak-security (32762)||Low Risk|
Dropbear SSH client could provide weaker than expected security. Hostkey mismatches do not create warning messages for the user. An authenticated remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to possibly conduct man-in-the-middle attacks.
Upgrade to the latest version of Dropbear SSH client (0.49 or later), available from the Dropbear Web page. See References.
- Dropbear Web page: CHANGES.
- BID-22761: Dropbear Hostkey Mismatch Warning Weakness
- CVE-2007-1099: dbclient in Dropbear SSH client before 0.49 does not sufficiently warn the user when it detects a hostkey mismatch, which might allow remote attackers to conduct man-in-the-middle attacks.
- OSVDB ID: 32088: Dropbear SSH dbclient Hostkey Mismatch Weakness
- OSVDB ID: 33814: Dropbear dbclient hostkey Mismatch Warning Weakness
- SA24345: Dropbear hostkey Mismatch Warning Weakness
- Matt Johnston Dropbear SSH Client prior to 0.49
Mar 01, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this