w-Agora multiple file cross-site scripting
|wagora-multiple-xss (33175)||Medium Risk|
w-Agora is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the profile.php, search.php, or change_password.php script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using multiple fields to inject malicious script into a Web page which would be executed in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the page is viewed. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of May 1, 2013.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Tue Mar 20 2007 - 11:07:18 CDT : w-agora [multiples file upload,xss,full path disclosure,error sql].
- w-Agora Web site: w-Agora: web publishing and forum software.
- BID-23057: W-Agora Multiple Input Validation Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2007-1606: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in w-Agora (Web-Agora) allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via (1) the showuser parameter to profile.php, the (2) search_forum or (3) search_user parameter to search.php, or (4) the userid parameter to change_password.php.
- OSVDB ID: 34377: W-Agora profile.php showuser Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 34378: W-Agora search.php search_user Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 34379: W-Agora change_password.php userid Parameter XSS
- SA24605: W-Agora Multiple Vulnerabilities
- Marc Druilhe w-Agora 4.2.1 and prior
Mar 20, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.