Corel WordPerfect X3 printer selection (.PRS) filename buffer overflow
|wordperfect-printer-selection-bo (33286)||High Risk|
Corel WordPerfect X3 is vulnerable to a stack-based buffer overflow, caused by improper bounds checking of the printer selection (.PRS) filename. By creating a specially-crafted WordPerfect document, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system or cause the application to crash, if the attacker could persuade the victim to open the malicious WordPerfect document.
No remedy available as of July 1, 2014.
- Corel Corporation Web site: Corel WordPerfect X3.
- Full-Disclosure Mailing List, Wed Mar 28 2007 - 08:54:08 CDT: Corel Wordperfect X3 Stack Overflow.
- BID-23177: Corel WordPerfect Office PRS Stack Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-1735: Stack-based buffer overflow in Corel WordPerfect Office X3 (22.214.171.1245) allows user-assisted remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via a long printer selection (PRS) name in a Wordperfect document.
- OSVDB ID: 34539: Corel WordPerfect Office Document Handling Printer Selection Overflow
- SA24664: Corel WordPerfect Document Processing Buffer Overflow
- VUPEN/ADV-2007-1145: Corel WordPerfect Printer Selection Filename Client-Side Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- Corel WordPerfect 126.96.36.1995
Mar 28, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.