SAP RFC library RFC_SET_REG_SERVER_PROPERTY function denial of service
|sap-rfc-setregserverproperty-dos (33418)||Medium Risk|
Multiple unspecified applications using the SAP RFC library are vulnerable to an unspecified denial of service, caused by an error in the RFC_SET_REG_SERVER_PROPERTY function. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to cause a denial of service.
Denial of Service
Upgrade to the latest version of the SAP RFC library, as listed in SAP Notes 1005397, available from the SAP Service Marketplace Web site. See References.
- CYBSEC Security Advisory 2007-04-03: SAP RFC SET REG SERVER PROPERTY RFC Function Denial of Service.
- SAP Service Marketplace Web site: Welcome to the SAP Service Marketplace.
- BID-23309: SAP RFC_Set_Reg_Server_Property RFC Function Denial of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-1918: The RFC_SET_REG_SERVER_PROPERTY function in the SAP RFC Library 6.40 and 7.00 before 20070109 implements an option for exclusive access to an RFC server, which allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (client lockout) via unspecified vectors. NOTE: This information is based upon a vague initial disclosure. Details will be updated after the grace period has ended.
- OSVDB ID: 34115: SAP RFC Library RFC_SET_REG_SERVER_PROPERTY Remote DoS
- SA24722: SAP RFC Library Multiple Vulnerabilities
- SAP SAP RFC library 6.40
- SAP SAP RFC library 7.00
Apr 03, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.