Monkey CMS admin/index.php file include
|monkeycms-index-file-include (33436)||Medium Risk|
Monkey CMS could allow a remote attacker to include arbitrary files. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request to the admin/index.php script using the admin_skin parameter to specify a malicious file from the local system, which could allow the attacker to obtain sensitive information or execute arbitrary code on the vulnerable Web server.
Note: In order to exploit this vulnerability to execute arbitrary code, the attacker would first be required to upload a malicious file or inject arbitrary commands into an existing file.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Thu Jun 07 2007 - 03:23:19 CDT: Re: Monkey CMS v0.0.3 Remote File Include Vulnerabilitiy.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Wed Apr 04 2007 - 04:48:09 CDT : Monkey CMS v0.0.3 Remote File Include Vulnerabilitiy.
- SourceForge.net: Monkey CMS.
- CVE-2007-2105: Directory traversal vulnerability in admin/index.php in Monkey CMS 0.0.3 allows remote attackers to include and execute arbitrary local files via a .. (dot dot) in the admin_skin parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 35260: Monkey CMS admin/index.php admin_skin Parameter Traversal Local File Inclusion
- Monkey CMS Monkey CMS 0.0.3
Apr 04, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this