Nuke ET Your_Account/index.php data manipulation
|nukeet-youraccount-data-manipulation (33483)||Medium Risk|
Nuke ET could allow a remote attacker to manipulate data, caused by a vulnerability in the Your_Account/index.php script. By creating a specially-crafted cookie and calling the modules.php script, a remote attacker with knowledge of the username and ID could exploit this vulnerability to delete arbitrary users.
Apply fix 7 available from the Tru-Zone Web site. See References.
- Tru-Zone Web site: Web Oficial del NukeE y T-Blog - Aguda PHP-Nuke.
- BID-23354: Nuke ET User Account Deletion Input Validation Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-1925: The borrado function in modules/Your_Account/index.php in Tru-Zone Nuke ET 3.4 before fix 7 does not verify that account deletion requests come from the account owner, which allows remote authenticated users to delete arbitrary accounts via a modified cookie.
- OSVDB ID: 34665: Nuke ET modules/Your_Account/index.php borrado Function Arbitrary Account Deletion
- SA24800: Nuke ET "Your_Account" User Deletion Vulnerability
- VUPEN/ADV-2007-1285: Nuke ET borrado() Function Permissions Validation Arbitrary Account Deletion Issue
- Truzone Nuke ET 3.4 prior to fix 7
Apr 05, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.