CMailServer signup.asp cross-site scripting
|cmailserver-signup-xss (33501)||Medium Risk|
CMailServer is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the signup.asp script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the Comment or POP3Mail parameter in a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Sat Apr 07 2007 - 13:37:01 CDT : CmailServer WebMail <= V.5.3.4 (signup) Remote XSS Exploit.
- Youngzsoft Web site: Youngzsoft - Internet Sharing Software, Proxy Software, Internet Sharing, Internet Connection S.
- BID-23360: Youngzsoft CMailServer Signup.ASP Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- BID-23363: Youngzsoft CMailServer Comment Parameter Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-1927: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in signup.asp in CmailServer WebMail 5.3.4 and earlier allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the POP3Mail parameter.
- CVE-2007-1991: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in mail/signup.asp in CmailServer WebMail 5.4.3, and possibly earlier, allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the Comment parameter, a different vector than CVE-2007-1927.
- OSVDB ID: 34119: CMailServer signup.asp POP3Mail Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 34120: CMailServer mail/signup.asp Comment Parameter XSS
- SA24812: CMailServer Two Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- Youngzsoft CMailServer 5.3.4 and prior
Apr 07, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.