TuMusika Evolution index.php cross-site scripting
|tumusika-index-xss (33593)||Medium Risk|
TuMusika Evolution is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the index.php script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the msg parameter in a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of March 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Wed Apr 11 2007 - 23:39:13 CDT : TuMusika Evolution 1.6 Cross Site Scripting Vulnerabilitiy.
- TuMusika Evolution Web page: TuMusika Evolution @ Sourceforge.net.
- BID-23452: TuMusika Evolution Index.PHP Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-2090: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in index.php in TuMusika Evolution 1.6 allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the msg parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 34893: TuMusika Evolution index.php msg Parameter XSS
- SA24874: TuMusika Evolution "msg" Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- VUPEN/ADV-2007-1374: TuMusika Evolution msg Parameter Handling Client-Side Cross Site Scripting Issue
- TuMusika Evolution TuMusika Evolution 1.6
- TuMusika Evolution TuMusika Evolution 1.7
Apr 11, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.