Cisco Wireless LAN Controller Ethernet traffic denial of service
|cisco-wlc-ethernet-traffic-dos (33607)||Medium Risk|
Cisco Wireless LAN Controller (WLC) could allow a remote attacker on the local network segment to cause a denial of service. By sending malformed Ethernet traffic, a remote attacker could cause the controller to crash.
Denial of Service
Refer to cisco-sa-20070412-wlc for upgrade information. See References.
- cisco-sa-20070412-wlc: Cisco Security Advisory: Multiple Vulnerabilities in the Cisco Wireless LAN Controller and Cisco Lightweight Access Points.
- BID-23461: Cisco Wireless Lan Controller Multiple Remote Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2007-2037: Cisco Wireless LAN Controller (WLC) before 22.214.171.124, and 4.0.x before 126.96.36.199, allows remote attackers on a local network to cause a denial of service (device crash) via malformed Ethernet traffic.
- OSVDB ID: 34135: Cisco Wireless LAN Controller (WLC) Malformed Ethernet Traffic DoS
- SECTRACK ID: 1017908: Cisco Wireless LAN Controller Lets Remote Users Modify the Configuration and Deny Service
- VUPEN/ADV-2007-1368: Cisco Wireless LAN Controller Security Bypass and Denial of Service Vulnerabilities
- Cisco Wireless LAN Controller 3.2
- Cisco Wireless LAN Controller 4.0
Apr 12, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.