PicoZip archive directory traversal
|picozip-archive-directory-traversal (33639)||Low Risk|
PicoZip could allow a remote attacker to traverse directories on the system. An attacker could create a specially-crafted GZ, JAR, RAR, TAR.GZ, ZIP, or TAR archive file containing "dot dot" sequences (/../) to extract files to arbitrary locations on the system, if the attacker could persuade the victim to open the malicious archive file.
No remedy available as of July 1, 2014.
- BugTraq.ir: PicoZip Archive Extraction Directory traversal .
- PicoZip Web site: Zip and UnZip Files Easily - Download WinZip and PKZip compatible software.
- BID-23471: Acubix PicoZip Archive Directory Traversal Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-2058: Directory traversal vulnerability in Acubix PicoZip 4.02 allows user-assisted remote attackers to overwrite arbitrary files via a .. (dot dot) sequence in the file path in an (1) GZ, (2) TAR, (3) RAR, (4) JAR, or (5) ZIP archive.
- OSVDB ID: 34900: PicoZip Archive Handling Traversal Arbitrary File Overwrite
- SA24868: PicoZip Archive Handling Directory Traversal Vulnerability
- VUPEN/ADV-2007-1377: Acubix PicoZip Multiple Archive Handling Client-Side Directory Traversal Vulnerability
- Acubix PicoZip 4.02
Apr 13, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.