Virtual War (vWar) for PHP-Nuke login.php and today.php cross-site scripting
|virtualwar-login-today-xss (33647)||Medium Risk|
Virtual War (vWar) for PHP-Nuke is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the login.php and today.php scripts. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the memberlist or title field to inject malicious script into a Web page which would be executed in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the page is viewed. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of May 1, 2013.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Fri Apr 13 2007 - 11:01:13 CDT : [waraxe-2007-SA#048] - Multiple vulnerabilities in Virtual War 1.5 module for PhpNuke.
- Virtual War (vWar) Web site: VWar - Virtual War.
- BID-23478: VWar Multiple Cross Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2007-2306: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in the Virtual War (VWar) 1.5.0 R15 and earlier module for PHP-Nuke, when register_globals is enabled, allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the (1) memberlist parameter to extra/login.php and the (2) title parameter to extra/today.php.
- OSVDB ID: 36573: vWar Module for PHP-Nuke extra/today.php title Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 36574: vWar Module for PHP-Nuke extra/login.php memberlist Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 39365: Virtual War (VWar) extra/login.php memberlist Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 39367: Virtual War (VWar) extra/today.php title Parameter XSS
- SA24887: PHP-Nuke vWar Module SQL Injection and Cross-Site Scripting
- VWar Virtual War 1.5.0 R15 and prior
Apr 13, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.