MobilePublisher PHP auth_method file include
|mobilepublisher-authmethod-file-include (33679)||Medium Risk|
MobilePublisher PHP could allow a remote attacker to include arbitrary files. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request to multiple scripts using the auth_method parameter to specify a malicious file from a remote system, which could allow the attacker to execute arbitrary code on the vulnerable Web server.
No remedy available as of August 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Sat Apr 14 2007 - 01:36:31 CDT : MobilePublisherphp v1.1.2 Remote File Include Vulnerabilities.
- MobilePublisher PHP Web site: SourceForge.net:Files.
- CVE-2007-2084: ** DISPUTED ** PHP remote file inclusion vulnerability in MobilePublisherphp 1.1.2 allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary PHP code via a URL in the auth_method parameter to (1) index.php, (2) list.php, (3) postreview.php, (4) reindex.php, (5) sections.php, (6) templates.php, (7) userinfo.php, (8) users.php, and (9) view.php in admin/. NOTE: this issue has been disputed by a reliable third party, who states that $auth_method is defined before use.
- OSVDB ID: 35325: MobilePublisherPHP Multiple Script auth_method Parameter Remote File Inclusion
- MobilePublisher PHP MobilePublisher PHP 1.1.2
Apr 14, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.