Extreme PHPBB phpbb_root_path file include
|extremephpbb-phpbbrootpath-file-include (33743)||Medium Risk|
Extreme PHPBB could allow a remote attacker to include arbitrary files. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request to the functions.php and functions_portal.php scripts using the phpbb_root_path to specify a malicious file from a remote system, which could allow the attacker to execute arbitrary code on the vulnerable Web server.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Wed Apr 18 2007 - 12:52:08 CDT : Extreme PHPBB2 Remote File Inclusion.
- Extreme phpBB Web site: Extreme phpBB :: Creating Better Communities.
- CVE-2007-2208: Multiple PHP remote file inclusion vulnerabilities in Extreme PHPBB2 3.0 Pre Final allow remote attackers to execute arbitrary PHP code via a URL in the phpbb_root_path parameter to (1) functions.php or (2) functions_portal.php in includes/.
- OSVDB ID: 35420: Extreme PHPBB2 includes/functions.php phpbb_root_path Parameter Remote File Inclusion
- OSVDB ID: 35421: Extreme PHPBB2 includes/functions_portal.php phpbb_root_path Parameter Remote File Inclusion
- Extreme PHPBB Extreme PHPBB 3.0 PRE Final
Apr 18, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.