Gracenote CDDBControl ActiveX control buffer overflow
|cddbcontrol-activex-bo (33773)||High Risk|
The Gracenote CDDBControl ActiveX control is vulnerable to a buffer overflow, caused by improper bounds checking by the proxy configuration. By creating a specially-crafted Web page, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system, if the attacker could persuade the victim to visit the malicious site and enable the ActiveX control.
Refer to the Gracenote Web site for suggested workaround information. See References.
- Full-Disclosure Mailing List, Fri Apr 20 2007 - 00:28:34 CDT: GraceNote CDDBControl ActiveX Buffer Overflow Vulnerability.
- Gracenote Web site: Gracenote: Gracenote Updates.
- ZDI-07-021: GraceNote CDDBControl ActiveX Buffer Overflow Vulnerability.
- BID-23567: GraceNote CDDBControl Multple Parameters ActiveX Control Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-0443: Multiple buffer overflows in the CDDBControl ActiveX control in Gracenote CDDB before 20070418 allow remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via long values for certain Proxy configuration parameters.
- OSVDB ID: 34327: Gracenote CDDBControl ActiveX Proxy Configuration Parameters Multiple Overflows
- SA22924: Gracenote CDDBControl ActiveX Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- SECTRACK ID: 1017937: Gracenote CDDBControl ActiveX Control Buffer Overflow in Processing Proxy Control Parameters Permits Remote Code Execution
- VUPEN/ADV-2007-1475: GraceNote CDDBControl ActiveX Control Proxy Parameter Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- Gracenote Gracenote CDDB ActiveX Control
Apr 19, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.