Maran PHP Forum pagename.php code execution
|maranforum-pagename-code-execution (33802)||High Risk|
Maran PHP Forum could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code on the system, caused by a vulnerability in the forum_write.php script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to execute arbitrary shell commands on the system.
Per private correspondence, this vulnerability has been fixed. Contact the vendor for more information. See References.
- Maran PHP Forum Web site: Maran Project - Music mp3, free php scripts, PHP blog, PHP miniSHOP.
- BID-23614: Maran PHP Forum Forum_write.PHP Arbitrary File Upload Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-2182: Unrestricted file upload vulnerability in forum_write.php in Maran PHP Forum allows remote attackers to upload and execute arbitrary PHP files via a trailing %00 in a filename in the page parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 35272: Maran PHP Forum forum_write.php name Variable Unrestricted File Upload PHP Code Execution
- SA24968: Maran PHP Forum "name" PHP Code Execution
- VUPEN/ADV-2007-1493: Maran PHP Forum Multiple Parameter Handling Remote PHP Code Injection Vulnerabilities
- rocoder / maran_project Maran PHP Forum
Apr 22, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.