Ripe Website Manager index.php cross-site scripting
|rwm-index-xss (33817)||Medium Risk|
Ripe Website Manager is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the index.php script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the ripeformpost parameter in a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Per private correspondence, the vendor states that this vulnerability has been fixed. Please contact the vendor for further information. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Sun Apr 22 2007 - 17:11:21 CDT : Ripe Website Manager (<= 0.8.4) - SQL Injection Vulnerability and Cross-Site Scripting Exploit.
- SourceForge.net: Ripe Website Manager.
- BID-23597: Ripe Website Manager Multiple Input Validation Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2007-2206: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in contact/index.php in Ripe Website Manager 0.8.4 and earlier allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via a leading <"< in the ripeformpost parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 35362: Ripe Website Manager contact/index.php ripeformpost Parameter XSS
- SA24984: Ripe Website Manager SQL Injection and Cross-Site Scripting
- Ripe Website Manager Ripe Website Manager 0.8.4 and prior
Apr 22, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.