Ripe Website Manager index.php SQL injection
|rwm-index-sql-injection (33818)||Medium Risk|
Ripe Website Manager is vulnerable to SQL injection. A remote attacker could send specially-crafted SQL statements to the index.php script using the ripeformpost parameter, which could allow the attacker to view, add, modify or delete information in the back-end database.
Upgrade to the latest version of Ripe Website Manager (0.8.5 or later), available from the SourceForge.net Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Sun Apr 22 2007 - 17:11:21 CDT : Ripe Website Manager (<= 0.8.4) - SQL Injection Vulnerability and Cross-Site Scripting Exploit.
- SourceForge.net: Ripe Website Manager.
- BID-23597: Ripe Website Manager Multiple Input Validation Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2007-2207: SQL injection vulnerability in contact/index.php in Ripe Website Manager 0.8.4 and earlier allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary SQL commands via the ripeformpost parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 35363: Ripe Website Manager contact/index.php ripeformpost Parameter SQL Injection
- SA24984: Ripe Website Manager SQL Injection and Cross-Site Scripting
- Ripe Website Manager Ripe Website Manager 0.8.4 and prior
Apr 22, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.