Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo CLP file buffer overflow
|paintshopphoto-clp-bo (33821)||High Risk|
Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo is vulnerable to an unspecified stack-based buffer overflow. By creating a specially-crafted CLP file, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system or cause the application to crash, if the attacker could persuade the victim to open the malicious file.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo Web site: Digital Imaging - Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo XI - Corel Corporation.
- BID-23604: AccuSoft ImageGear Igcore15d.DLL Malformed CLP File Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-2209: Buffer overflow in igcore15d.dll 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168 for AccuSoft ImageGear, as used in Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo 11.20 and possibly other products, allows user-assisted remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via a crafted .CLP file. NOTE: some details were obtained from third party sources.
- OSVDB ID: 35308: Corel Paint Shop Pro igcore15d.dll Photo CLP File Handling Overflow
- OSVDB ID: 35386: AccuSoft ImageGear igcore15d.dll Photo CLP File Handling Overflow
- SA25016: Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo igcore15d.dll CLP File Handling Buffer Overflow
- SA25050: AccuSoft ImageGear igcore15d.dll Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- SECTRACK ID: 1017963: Corel Paint Shop Pro Buffer Overflow in Processing `.clp` Files Let Remote Users Execute Arbitrary Code
- Corel PaintShop Pro Photo 11.20
- Microsoft Windows Vista
Apr 23, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.